Mission of the ProgramDemand for healthcare services will increase because of the aging population, since older people typically have more medical problems than younger people. Nurses also will be needed to educate and to care for patients with various chronic conditions, such as arthritis, dementia, diabetes, and obesity. In addition, the number of individuals who have access to healthcare services will increase, as a result of federal health insurance reform. More nurses will be needed to care for these patients.
Overall, job opportunities for registered nurses are expected to be good. Generally, registered nurses with at least a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) will have better job prospects than those without one. Employers may prefer candidates who have some related work experience.
Program ObjectiveGraduates who choose to pursue a career in nursing and healthcare management or academia will become successful managers, supervisors, or educators who demonstrate strong leadership, technical, and team skills; and a commitment to continuing professional development.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree program prepares graduates for a rewarding career in nursing and nursing management. Atlantis University BSN graduates will have a thorough grounding in the principles and practices of nursing and management as well as the scientific and leadership principles upon which they are built; they will also be prepared for further education and for productive employment in the industry.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree program will be able to:
1) To assess a healthcare situation and think critically and ethically to resolve the situation
2) To work with others to manage patient care
3) To communicate effectively in complex healthcare situations
4) To enhance technology skills used in healthcare
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree program, students may seek employment in healthcare facilities where nursing and management skills are needed.
What you’ll learn
The Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing is a program for current, active registered nurses with an associate’s degree in nursing.
What’s my investment?We pride ourselves in delivery quality education at a lower cost. Atlantis University is half the cost of other traditional universities.
|Academic Institutions||Average Cost/Semester Per Semester|
(Undergraduate 4 months)
|University of Miami||$16,700.00|
|Nova Southeastern University||$12,200.00|
|Florida International University||$9,200.00|
- Associates degree in nursing or a nursing diploma from an accredited university
- Background check and drug screening
- Current professional license as a registered nurse that is active and non-restricted to be maintained throughout the program
AA or AS w/RN to BSN Graduation Requirements:
- General Education Requirements
- Additional State of Florida Common Prerequisite Courses (course work from Associate’s Degree may count towards this requirement).
- Required AA or AS w/RN-BSN Nursing Prerequisite Courses
- Upper - Level Nursing Courses
- Lower- Level Validated Nursing Courses and completion of a professional portfolio in NUR 499 Nursing Capstone
- Achieve a minimum 2.0 overall cumulative and a 2.0 nursing GPA and complete 25% of all coursework to satisfy Atlantis University residency requirements
Graduation RequirementsAll students must complete the general graduation requirements as prescribed by the University, as well as degree requirements specified in the degree being pursued. Students meeting these requirements will be issued an Associate of Science Degree, a Bachelor of Science Degree, a Master of Science Degree, or a Doctorate Degree.
Students should request an exit interview in order to graduate. Accordingly, students must contact the Academic Director to schedule an appointment and/or make arrangements to complete the necessary paperwork.
Only those students who have completed all degree requirements are allowed to participate in the commencement exercises. Students will not be issued a degree or transcript of their records until all debts and obligations owed to the University have been satisfied. Students will not be issued a degree unless they are in good standing according to University policies and regulations. The student must not be on disciplinary probation.