MissionAtlantis University’s School of Business prepares students for leadership in today’s rapidly changing global economy. In order to compete and succeed in the 21st century, business leaders must not only be able to adapt to change, they must drive change.
Our goal is to help students prepare for a career in management positions by shaping creative thinkers, strong communicators and the best negotiators.
We believe in fostering an innovative spirit. Business students work with those from AU’s other schools to build and operate new companies that will be presented to angel investors.
AU’s curriculum incorporates the now-famous Harvard Business Review case studies. Students analyze and dissect business scenarios around the world.
Through collaborative projects and social clubs, students learn about technology and engineering in addition to business.
Students apply theory in the workplace. All students are required to identify and present solutions for companies in their communities.
ObjectiveThe objectives of Atlantis University’s MBA program are to:
- Help students develop superior managerial competencies, which are essential for effective leadership, by teaching them to integrate business strategies, international business concepts, marketing tools and critical analysis to resolve situations in unpredictable environments.
- Provide students with the tools and practical experiences essential to an executive in business.
- Further develop students’ knowledge of central functions of management, marketing, finance and information technology in a global economy.
- Enhance students’ appreciation of the ethical and legal scenarios as the context for their own contributions to the economic and social well-being of their communities.
- Shape students’ understanding of and sensitivity to cultural differences in the workplace as they impact management effectiveness.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
The MBA program at Atlantis University instructs graduate students in the theories and practices of the modern business world. The goal is for them to attain positions of leadership with the ability to manage a comprehensive and complex business organizations.
Students will work on improving their decision-making skills, enhancing their analytical process, becoming stronger communicators, developing new technological skills, and representing themselves professionally in their work environment.
Those who complete this program will be qualified to pursue leadership positions in a range of industries where a strong grasp of business is needed.
Admissions RequirementsAs required by the Commission for Independent Education, students pursuing a master's degree at Atlantis University must successfully complete a minimum of 24 semester-credit-hours beyond the bachelor’s level in a specific business administration curriculum.
In order to qualify for admission, students must:
- Complete an enrollment agreement.
- Have a personal interview with Atlantis University, either over the phone or onsite at the Atlantis University Biscayne Bay, Miami, Florida campus.
- Submit a resume indicating education and complete work history.
- Provide one letter of recommendation.
- Hold a bachelor's degree or its equivalent conferred by a verified institution of postsecondary education.
- Send transcripts from previous educational pursuits.
Acceptable postsecondary institutions of education include:
A) Institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, orB) Institutions recognized by the Department/Ministry of Education of the country where the institution is in operation.
An undergraduate degree in business is not a requirement; qualified students from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The admission decision is based on a combination of a student’s undergraduate academic performance, relevant professional experience, and letters of recommendation.
Applicants must have completed a minimum of 120 credit-hours at the undergraduate level, including at least 30 credit-hours of general education. They must have either earned a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) or completed over three years of full-time relevant work experience.
Atlantis University's master's degree programs are taught in English and Spanish. English proficiency is required if a student’s primary language is not English; this can be established by passing the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum TOEFL score of 500 must be achieved on the written format or 173 on the computerized version. TOEFL scores will be sent from ETS/TOEFL to the campus at the request of the student. Fees for having test scores sent to the campus by the TOEFL testing office range from $17 to $29 and are paid for by the student. The institution will assist students in expediting this process. AU maintains a list of Prometric centers/testing sites where the TOEFL is administered in the area.
Please see the admissions department for more information. Official transcripts and any other documentation must be forwarded directly to the school by the granting institution.
“Atlantis University allowed me to graduate with a Bachelor in Business Administration while helping me with internships that lead to my current employment. All of the courses in the degree were employer-focused and allowed me to earn the credentials and qualifications that directly improved my job and advancement possibilities.”