AS in Computer
(60 Credit Hours – Estimated Completion Time: 20 months)
Advance Your Career in the Rapidly Growing Field of IT Management
The Computer Information Technology program focuses on computing, computer science, and information science and systems. The program is designed to prepare students for employment in various industries that utilize computer skills and knowledge. Students who successfully complete this program will have knowledge and skills in such areas as programming, database management, networking, enterprise cloud technology, and security.
- To equip students with the knowledge to evaluate the needs of an Information Technology infrastructure for an organization.
- To empower students to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet industry needs.
- To prepare students with the technical knowledge and critical-thinking skills needed for a career in information technology.
- Through a conceptual understanding, students are able to apply technological skills in hardware, networking, security, cloud computing, database, web development, IT project management and research to critically analyze and solve problems in unpredictable environments.
To receive an Associate of Science degree in Computer Information Technology, students must earn 60.0 credit hours. Program requirements are indicated in the following page. Credit hours in parentheses indicate the required number of credit hours in each discipline:
Program Breakdown by Course:
A.S. in Computer Information Technology
(60 Credit Hours – Estimated Completion Time: 20 months)
(Select from the following courses, or from course equivalent offerings)
General Education Courses (15.0 Credits Required)
|Course Number||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|Oral Communications (3.0 Credit hours)|
|ENGL 100||Language and Speech Communications||3|
|Humanities (3.0 Credit hours)|
|PHIL 102||Legal and Ethical Issues||3|
|Mathematics (3.0 Credit hours)|
|MATH 102||College Algebra||3|
|English (3.0 Credit hours)|
|ENGL 200||English Composition I||3|
|Behavioral Science / Social Environment (3.0 Credit hours)|
Special Certifications (AS, BS)
If your passion is technology, then the IT field offers a number of opportunities and areas to specialize in. As you hone your skills while pursuing your degree, you can validate your knowledge by pursuing specific IT certifications. AU prepares IT students for important certifications for specific areas of focus as part of their degree or diploma program, but the student must apply for and complete the certification on his or her own. AU provides the program of study, the courses, the study materials and the instruction towards an IT certification, but it is the responsibility of the student to follow through and obtain the certification from the respective certification organization.
- Network +
- Cisco ICND 1
- Cisco ICND 2
- Troubleshooting with Wireshark
- Amazon Web Services Solutions Associate
- Amazon Web Services Solutions Professional
- Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements
- Enabling Office 365 Services
- Security +
- EC Council CEH
- EC Council ECSA
- ISC2 CISSP
- Oracle Database Certified Associate (OCA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
In the current economy, certifications are an increasingly important tool for building skill levels, improving marketability, and pursuing career opportunities. Certifications provide the knowledge needed to gain experience and validate skills to potential/current employers.
A few reasons that certifications in the Information Technology field are important:
- Certifications help with job retention because the certifications help with skill development that employers are truly seeking.
- Certifications help with career improvement; certifications help you gain the knowledge needed to learn things that are out of your scope of work that can be applied to higher paying jobs and positions.
- One of the biggest rewards to these certifications is that they grant the person that is holding the certification the confidence to be capable and useful in stressful times. With a certification, you can be relied upon if workload begins to overflow or you are required to travel off-site or work in an impromptu environment.
IT Certifications: Here’s how it works.
- Step 1: Choose your certification. Research what’s available, and pick an IT certification that will help you achieve your career goals. Your AU Career Counsellor can help to guide you in this selection.
- Step 2: Start Learning and Training. Your AU program courses will prepare you to develop the knowledge and skills for a particular certification, based on your area of focus: Network, Cloud or Security.
- Step 3: Get Familiar with the Certification Exam. Your AU classes will help you do this.
- Step 4: Register and Take Your Certification Exam. You can take many IT Certification Exams right here at Atlantis University. Ask your AU Career Counsellor for details.
- Attend class when it’s convenient for you – days, evenings or online.
- Take advantage of some of the most affordable tuition rates in the nation.
Transfer your Credits
- Transfer up to 90 credits toward your undergraduate degree.
Learn from experience
- Get real-world insight from faculty averaging 24 years of professional experience.
Get Prepared for IT Certifications:
AWS Solutions Assoc.
As part of your AU IT Program
AU prepares IT students for important certifications for specific areas of focus as part of their degree or diploma program, but the student
must apply for and complete the certifications on his or her own.
What’s my investment?
We pride ourselves in delivery quality education at a lower cost. Atlantis University is half the cost of other traditional universities.
|Academic Institutions||Average Cost/Semester Per Semester|
(Graduate program = 4 months)
|University of Miami||$16,700.00|
|Nova Southeastern University||$12,200.00|
|Florida International University||$9,200.00|