Our goal is to help students prepare for a career in management positions by shaping creative thinkers, strong communicators and the best negotiators.
Business Administration baccalaureates may seek employment in business, government, or a variety of industries where a range of general business skills are needed. They will be prepared to:
- Analyze the external and internal influences on business institutions and practices.
- Identify the structures in business organizations that can be managed for productivity.
- Differentiate the roles and tasks of business leaders and professionals in business, industry and nonprofit organizations.
- Use technology and resources to remain current in the student’s chosen business field.
- Make effective business decisions using appropriate critical thinking processes.
- Identify and analyze legal or ethical issues that arise in business practices and institutions.
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills in a business environment.
- Enter a graduate-level program at AU without further academic preparation.